Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Hopeful Missionary

I've searched for you every day. Ever since I turned sixteen I've looked high and low, dated girls I hardly knew, broken the ice thousands of times.
Some of them had your smile. 
Some of them had your eyes. 
Some of them laughed the way you do. 

Maybe one of them was you.

 Whether or not I've met you, I will continue to search. And not just search but prepare. Because I know that you are looking for me too and I'm scared that our eyes will never meet in the right way if I'm not everything that you dreamed of as well. I'm taking a two-year training course on how to live with another person for twenty-four hours a day, how to serve and how to work. I'm told that these are qualities that you will expect from me. 
I'm told that you will have high standards. 
I hope to meet them. 
I pray that I will meet them. 
And I pray for you. 
Nearly every day. 

It's hard for me to keep searching at this point, knowing that whatever relationship may arise will have little time to grow before being put on hold for two years. 
But I don't want to miss you by giving up now. 
Just in case.
So I keep looking for a pair of eyes to get lost in, a laugh that will take me above the clouds, a smile that will melt my heart. 
Someone who loves to watch the stars, try weird foods and have pillow fights at one in the morning. Someone with so much personality that she is bursting at the seams.
Someone who talks all the time and sings out of tune.
Someone who isn't afraid to try ziplining or yoga or Thai curry.
Someone who gets lost in a good book and is late for school.
Someone who will stay up all night with me while we make cheesecake just for the heck of it.


Someone who talks to God every night.
Someone who respects herself.
Someone who is praying to find me.



To that girl: Perhaps nearly everything that I've said so far doesn't describe you in any way. That's ok. Because the song is always better in concert, the book is always better than the movie and you will be so much better in person than anything I can conjure up on paper. Just know this: I won't rest until I find you and can hold your hand for Eternity. My heart doesn't know it's lonely yet. But it will see what it's been missing once I've found you. I think I love you already. If I've already met you, please be patient with me. Two years is a long time. Wait for me. Search for me.

I will find you. 

19 comments:

  1. "Perhaps nearly everything that I've said so far doesn't describe you in any way. That's ok. Because the song is always better in concert, the book is always better than the movie and you will be so much better in person than anything I can conjure up on paper."

    You nailed this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your writing style by the way.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I love your writing style by the way.

      Delete
  2. You and me both Nutella Waffles. You and me both. I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was your love post that inspired me to write this. Man you write good stuff!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so so much. This is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Because the song is always better in concert, the book is always better than the movie and you will be so much better in person than anything I can conjure up on paper.". Do you realize that If every girl in the world read this, they'd be in love with you? Ok well good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone who loves to watch the stars, try weird foods and have pillow fights at one in the morning.


    YES. Flawless. Mhm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive fallen in love. with you and this post. its perfection "My heart doesn't know it's lonely yet. But it will see what it's been missing once I've found you."

    ReplyDelete
  7. speechless...
    that's a good thing!
    wowed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. The end paragraph..this whole thing was unreal

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This almost made me cry because I'm pretty sure every girl would want to hear this. And I'm glad I'm not alone in praying for my future eternal everything, because anyone else I tell that to thinks I'm weird. You're a wonderful writer, by the way.

    ReplyDelete