Monday, February 2, 2015

Praise for Waffles

Praise for Waffles
When you think about it, waffles are among the most perfect things to ever exist. Well made ones that is. Nutella ones especially. 
Let us follow the life of a waffle. Just for fun. First the batter is created. Created from the simple ingredients of life: eggs, flour, butter, milk, love, vanilla extract. This heavenly mixture is then poured onto a waffle iron and cooked to perfection. The steaming, crunchy product is then removed, smeared with happiness (aka: Nutella) and eaten. The average waffle only lives for a couple minutes. But they cause such joy in the lives of everyone they touch. Just think, if a something as simple as a waffle can produce so much happiness and do so much good to everyone in it's short lifetime, what kind of lousy waste of space have I been? 

I came off the iron 18 years ago. Have I made as much difference as a common waffle? Do I make people as happy as a crunchy, delicious, syrup-dowsed confectionary delight? Granted, I have been slightly more useful than a waffle in my long existence I suppose. But with all of the negative things that I have brought with me, does my good still measure up to even that of a simple waffle? All of the hard times I have caused my parents, all of the insensitive things that I've said to my siblings, my selfish actions that have left my friends in the dust. Do my positive qualities even equal the sum of my mistakes? Do my goods measure up to my bads? Probably not. If I could break even and then some, maybe cause a little more good than I have bad, perhaps I could cause as much happiness as a waffle.


Ps: Is it true that if a girl makes you waffles that she likes you? And if she makes you CHOCOLATE waffles that she's crazy over you? Maybe I watch too much YouTube... Anyway, let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I guarantee that you've had a much more profound and positive mark on the world than any waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest nutella waffles,
    i think it depends on the girl. But a truth you and i both can count on is that if a boy makes a girl waffles, he definitely really likes her, chocolate or not. i think right now you need to be making someone waffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for your profound insight into waffle-related relationships. Perhaps we all have someone we should be making waffles for ;)

      Delete